For a smoother wax experience and a bump free recovery here are a few before and after wax tips
Before & After Waxing Tips
- Stop shaving two weeks before your waxing appointment. In order for your skin to be completely bare the hair needs to be long enough to pull it from the root
- Lightly exfoliate the area that is going to be waxed with a sugar scrub or loofah to help prepare the hairs for removal. This will help your wax specialist to remove all the hairs resulting in smoother skin
- Avoid using any lotions or oils right before waxing or sugaring appointment.
- Wait at least one week after using retinal or getting a chemical peel. Also, waxing cannot be done on sunburn skin. Threading, however, is an option for those who are sunburn or using retinal
- Steer clear of making an appointment close to your cycle. Sensitivity is exceptionally high during this time, in order to avoid as much pain as possible, try to schedule wax appointment away from that time of the month
- Take an over the counter painkiller before appointment. This may help take the edge off
- Take an antihistamine or antacid. Antihistamines can reduce inflammatory response from pulling the hair from the skin. Antacids will also reduce sensitivity by blocking histamines and acid production
- To decrease level or discomfort over time start getting waxed more frequently. Once you have a consistent waxing schedule, your hairs will become sparse and thin; This will dramatically reduce you level of pain over time
- Refrain from activities such as exercising, swimming, sun bathing, pedicures, or any activity that will cause bacteria to enter the pores.
- Start exfoliating 1- 2 days after wax appointment. Fend off ingrown’s by exfoliating regularly. Even if you are not prone to ingrown’s, start exfoliating to preventing them. If you are prone to getting ingrown’s, use a professional ingrown hair product such as Get The Bump Outta Here